Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stavros ~ She is Your Problem Now! (or at least that is what my dad would have said if he had been there...)

Wow ~ Talk about a three day party!
First a great margarita and Mexican food fest at my cousin Julianne's house on Friday night.
With only one casualty...

The screen door.
It had been open all afternoon and evening.
I had been in and out this door several times.
Someone closed it.
I walked into it.
But!
I didn't bend it this bad.
Cousin Nancy did the same thing a little later, but at 40 mph...

Party ~ Day Two!
The wedding of Delaina and Stavros!
Beautiful, fun, love-filled (and tear-filled) day.

We were missing several people...
And placecards were set out for them.
A really lovely thing to do.

My Uncle John ~ the bride's grandfather who has been gone many years.



My sweet sister, who passed away on January 3, 2006 of breast cancer.My dear old Dad ~ Uncle Bob to Delaina, who passed away March 12, 2006.And my cousin Carolyn and her husband Dean's son, who was 32 years when he passed away this last April of esophageal cancer.Now you get why it was tear-filled?


And wine by OneHope Winery with 50% of their profits going to various causes ~ the chardonnay for the fight against breast cancer (thank you Delaina & Stav!) and the cabernet for the fight against autism.





Jim and Nathan ~ bride's brother ~ my "little" cousin.


My cousins, Nancy and Carolyn.

Carolyn was showing off her flower.
Being silly.
Being goofy.
Being Carolyn.







The gorgeous bride, Delaina!With her handsome guy, Stavros (my new cousin!)...















The lovely MOB (mother of the bride), cousin Julianne with her new son-in-law.And Nathan trying to look bad, so I would look good.I knew I liked that kid...

Then brunch on Sunday, once again in the party backyard of Julianne's house.
Broken screen and all...

5 comments:

Overboard said...

I am laughing heaps at the pic of the screen door. That is soooooooooooooooo funny. You nutters! p.s Lovely pics. You sure have a beautiful family.

Overboard said...

p.s I just read further. How absolutely lovely of your family to honour all those who couldn't be there. It brought a tear to my eyes.

jomamma said...

Love what you've done to the patio! We've lived in this house for about 15 years and never had a screen on the patio sliders. You know why now. Jody says I'd be the first one to walk through it.

I can't get over her dress, that is the most gorgeous color.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

That's quite the party. I must admit I've never walked through the screen door (sober or not), guess I'm not blond enough.

I swear I'm just joking!!!!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Nancy has red hair.