Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Santa Maria Bay!


"Guavi" spent Saturday night (03-24-07) in Santa Maria Bay (the smaller outside bay - Bahia Magdalena is the larger inside bay) and left Sunday morning headed to Cabo San Lucas. Once again, I am amazed they had cell phone reception! Jim called both of my phones Saturday night, but I missed his calls. I was at a 50th birthday party for our friend Lynda - something about the live music and me not thinking ahead & putting my phone on vibrate...
Saturday they were getting winds up to 25 knots and it was expected again today, but they didn't want to wait it out. Jim said as long as the autopilot could hold it's course they'd go.
They are still trying to find the parts for the engine motor mounts. Anyone flying to La Paz or Cabo in the next week?

No comments: