Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oregon Cram Course

I had a wonderful week in Eugene, Oregon with the "Discover Mortgage / Adams Family Team", learning what I will be doing for a living in La Paz. Tony picked me up at the airport and took me to their beautiful home on Marcola Road (which I remembered from all the times we drove to Bob & Carol's house). I had my own "home" to stay in - their deluxe 36' motorhome parked inside a huge garage! I arrived in the dark, so was quite amazed to look out the next morning to snow on the ground!

I spent the week at their office, listening, learning and asking questions. What a great group of people! Thank you all for your time, expertise and friendliness! Special thanks to Tony & Ellen for their wonderful hospitality - and nice meeting you, Phillip the goat!

Then the trip home...
My 4 pm flight was cancelled, so I was able to "get on" the 6:15 pm flight, which actually left at 8:00 pm, meaning my connecting flight out of San Francisco at 9:00 pm was now not going to work (gave up on the idea of flying into Santa Barbara to visit Margi)... but that's ok, because my 9:00 pm flight had been delayed until 11:30 pm (which now means getting into LAX at 1:00 am Saturday morning - no thanks!), so found a 10:30 pm completely full flight that I was able to sneak on. So that meant getting into LAX at midnight, quickly finding my luggage & Jim as he made his first drive through and getting home at 1:30 am. All's well that ends well, I guess...

2 comments:

Suzie said...

We miss you guys so much you wouldn't believe. Just want to send you lots of love as you head out on the next chapter of your lives!

He who has the most chapters - WINS!

Anonymous said...

Ahoy!! This is Tim's sister Nancy who will be going on this trip vicariously with you all. Sitting up here in Northern Ontario, Canada, I am really enjoying reading this and seeing pictures of you. You look and sound like a great bunch of people and I look forward to keeping up with the voyage. Keep safe, love, Nancy