Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Story of Pinky

I'm sure you are all wondering who Pinky is and why we are so excited he is joining us on our sail South...

It all started when a co-worker, Dan told me that Rose Marie and Rosemary Clooney were the same person.

Not true Dan.

Per Wikipedia, Rose Marie is:
"Rose Marie (born August 15, 1923) is an actress who had a career as a child star under the name Baby Rose Marie, but is best known for her adult role as Sally Rogers on The Dick Van Dyke Show".

Per Wikipedia, Rosemary Clooney is:
"Rosemary Clooney (May 23, 1928 – June 29, 2002) was a popular American singer and actress. She was most popular singing traditional pop music in the 1940s and 1950s with songs like "Come On-a My House". She was the mother of actor Miguel Ferrer, aunt of actor George Clooney, and the sister to former television personality Nick Clooney".

I showed him this info, but he was still adament they were one and the same.

So I swiped his rubber pig from The Hartford Insurance Company and held it for ransom. $52,018,975.87 in ransom, which he never paid.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the cut & paste ransom note, but I do have some copies of the daily ransom reminders that Dan would find on his desk...






I kept hoping to find that brown bag of cash in my office, but no such luck.
So I dressed up as Pinky on Halloween 2006.




Not a pretty site...






Still no $52 mil and change a year later, so after Dan had eye surgery and broke several bones in his foot, I dressed up as him for Halloween 2007...
Still no $52 mil and change in January 2008...
I came in to work on one of my last days to find Pinky with his bags packed ready to go sailing! Since Dan didn't cough up the ransom, he is "allowing" Pinky to go with us.

Photos of Pinky's sailing adventures to follow!

No comments: