Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Friday, May 2, 2008

Evening Walk on The Malecon & Books

Still not much going on around here...
So last night I talked Jim into going on a walk down The Malecon ~ the beautiful walk along the beach that goes for miles in La Paz!Lots of the locals go out and walk at night too. We cracked up at this kid with his motorized motorcycle complete with training wheels!

















We walked down to the pier and watched people for a bit.
The pier is beautiful now after being renovated.And we are reading a lot.
John gave us a book with a red cover by Greg Iles and said it was a "good one".
Then the next day I am up in the book exchange (I go in there everyday ~ sometimes more than once...) and see a book by Greg Iles with a blue cover and say "Alright!" and take it back to the boat.
I look at them for a few minutes and realize it is the same book...So Jim and I are reading the same book at the same time. He has been about 10 pages behind me all day, but then I took a shower and did this post, so now he is ahead of me. Will let you know who wins!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Keith and I are going to start walking in the evenings-maybe-but I don't think our view will be as nice. Or our air as clean.