Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Lighting, Bread and Boat Preparations

We have had lots of clouds this week, which makes for cool lighting in the late afternoons.We call it "Zihuatanejo lighting", as when we were anchored in Zihua we would get beautiful afternoon lighting.

And another successful attempt at sourdough bread!
This time I used a bread pan in the oven.

Our lists are getting shorter!
Parts, provisioning and projects.
We should be 100% ready by the time Alan and Susan fly in.
Hopefully they will climb on the boat and we will pull out of the slip.
CAN'T WAIT!

2 comments:

Roz Savage said...

Hi Jim and Heather - thanks for putting me on your blogroll, even if you ARE casting aspersions on my sanity! I can assure you, I'm perfectly sane - or as sane as the next seafarer, anyway!

All the best, Roz

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ok, I am moving you up under our "Best friends for a day". Today you are my best friend, because you left a comment on my blog!
We love all that you stand for and have accomplished. Amazing and incredible are words that come to my mind. Also, we were thrilled when you met up with "Junk" ~ we kept our fingers crossed for days for that to happen!
People think we were insane to cruise on our old boat for 3 years, then to quit decent jobs and move to Mexico...
;)