Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Watch What I Type...

Well I have never been known to be a quiet one.
More like the one to put my foot in my mouth.
So I need to read my post title and remember that people I write about can find this blog...

Two instances this week!
First by the big, giant, behemoth, beautiful blue boat, that used to go by the name "Slojo", which I have re-named (un-known to the owners), "Slojolea"...
I was standing in my cockpit staring off into whatever and noticed one of the crew waving to me.
Me?
I looked around and saw that there was no one behind me, so waved back.
Then came the yelling conversation:
Crew: Hello, I found your blog!
Me: (under my breath) Oh shit. (then yelling back) Great! (not really meaning this ~ more like when you are caught with your hand in the candy jar) I'm sorry I made fun of your boat!
Crew: It's not my boat!
(uh yeah, well I pretty much knew that already)
Me: Ok, well there is no sarcasm inside me!
Crew: No, I liked it!
Me: Ok, thanks. Gotta go...

So then I went back and read what I had typed and the comments.
Uh oh.
Glad he had a sense of humor.
Hopefully the gum makers do too.

Instance #2.
A comment by Roz Savage.
Google her.
Or check out her blogs (linked on this blog) and website.
Click on my post title above to be taken to her new blog, which includes a comment I left for her.
And my comment will go on her next row with her!
So... the story goes, I had her blog linked under the "These people may very well be insane" blog list.
She found that.
Uh oh.
I don't think she is insane.
I love what she stands for and what she is doing.
It's just not for me.
So she found that and now thinks that I think she is insane.
Check out her comment she left for me under my third post below this one, "Lighting, Bread and Boat Preparations".
So now I have put her new blog under my "Best Friends for a Day" blog list.
Because she totally, 100%, absolutely made my day yesterday when I saw that she left ME a comment!

6 comments:

judith said...

Whoops! Don't you just hate when that happens.

Coming from someone who knows what shoes taste like... I like to imagine my Crocs in the flavors that would match their colors. I have a watery/blue, pink/cotton candy, green/wintergreen, yellow/lemon, olive drab/martini and I just found a pair that Jolea left behind in grape.

Sure makes a foot in the mouth easier to take.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I have all the same colors except the lemon! No grape either... but I do have black/licorice though!

judith said...

Somehow I knew you'd have licorice... for those black tie affairs.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Drunken blogging and drunken commenting can someone into SOOO much trouble! Trust me, I know.

judith said...

If it wasn't for drunken blogging there'd be no blogging at all. hic!

1st Mate said...

The great thing about blogging is that you can always delete it and then people will think they just hallucinated your remarks!