Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday 03-17-08 - St. Pat's Day in Mag Bay! Still in the Small Mangrove Off-shoot

Up early (since we all went to bed at the crack of sunset) to sprinkles on the deck! There were small clouds coming through and actually raining on us!

We listened to weather and it was still blowing on the outside, so here we will sit another day.

But is was Saint Patrick's Day! In Mag Bay!Anyone who knows me, knows I always have the perfect holiday decorations! These decorations were mainly people decorations... Pam had brought some too!

So we decorated ourselves and had a shot (I poured mine out and Stan had to eat cookies to get rid of the "shot in the stomach feeling"...)
Had "Irish Oatmeal" and leftover bread for breakfast.








Tim & I got out the kayaks and explored the canals, beaches and mangroves.

I stayed in costume...I walked around on a couple of "low tide beaches" until I was losing my shoes in the muck...




Jim and Stan fished from the dinghy, but didn't catch any keepers.

Back to the boat to read the other half of my book.
Pam made tuna tostadas for lunch.
We all killed bees.
We watched an osprey catch a fish.
Then watched a coyote walk the length of the canal on a small "low-tide" beach.He never saw us until he was at the far end of the beach and we howled at him.
Tim moo'd at it, as if it would be afraid of a cow...

Jim took a nap.
I couldn't do a "Light & Easy" Sudoku, so I tore it up (Stan scribbles them out, I tear them up...)

The lazy day was almost over.
Time for some bagpipe & Irish music!
Probably the first time this little canal had heard that...

BBQ'd tri tip and pretended it was corned beef. Steamed some cabbage and carrots for an excellent dinner! Pam also made her tomato salad.

At this point, I told the guys that if Pam wasn't here, they would be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner every other night!

Watched the moon rise.





Watched the late afternoon slide away over the dunes. And enjoyed our dessert of "Black Irish" (dark chocolate) brownies!

No comments: