Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Bees in the Boat

Today I have done nothing except chase bees out of the boat.
And kill as many as I could.
Luckily I have this handy bee killer, courtesy of Greg and Janis on "Gitana"!



Bees keep flying in here...
This concerns me ~ are they coming in here because they are building a hive somewhere close outside?
Like in the mainsail cover?
Or maybe just because there was no wind today until the afternoon breeze, the "coromuel" just came up!

Yikes, just chased another one out a hatch!

So that is all I have done all day ~ chase and kill bees.
Well, actually I cleaned the walls of the port head.
And read.
Made this really good salad with Chinese noodles and sesame dressing.Then I ate it.
Made and drank a bunch of limeade.
Returned a movie and a book to the book exchange.
Made popcorn.
Washed dishes.
Cleaned the floor.
Got rid of a few gray hairs with some dye.
Then the gray hairs came back when the bees started flying inside the boat.
So then I killed some more bees.
So that really is all that I did today.

5 comments:

Overboard said...

Do you make your own sesame dressing? I found it impossible to find sesame seeds in Mexico or maybe that was just Guaymas.

Margarita Mirasol said...

p.s Poor bees.
Bees make honey.
Pollinate flowers.
Without any flowers, the sea will dry up.
;)

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Nah, I cheated & used some bottled dressing that sailed down with us. But it was pretty good - had a nice spice and bite to it.

Yeah, poor bees, but poor me has a bit of an allergy to them. I stay out of their hive so they should stay out of my boat. :)

Caitlin said...

Hey! I got a blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Bees on a boat, ick! We were in Melaque with Cap Cat when we got invaded. They were looking for a new home. We had to hide inside until they left. We found out they don't like to be sprayed with soapy water.

Eric