Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

While Jim is Away...

No, I do not "play"...

I started some sewing projects, one being individual sun shades for all the hatches.
These will be velcro'ed up in place of the bug screens while I am in California to help (hopefully) keep the boat cooler mainly so I don't lose my wine stash and when we have the boat closed up and the air conditioner on.I had to get creative by sewing Sunbrella scraps together for them, as I didn't have any large pieces of material.
The ones going in the main salon are quite creative as well...
Using extra towels!

Another project took up a half hour or so this morning.
Jim had home roasted a batch of coffee beans.
You can almost smell them, can't you?For the last few days, I didn't have much trust in the Ziploc bag they were in.
But did I change the bag or place a second bag around the original faulty, piece of crap bag?
Nooo....
So this morning when I picked the bag up, half the beans spilled out into the cupboard.
So I spent the next half hour picking them up and then mixing them all together, so each cup of coffee would have a little of whatever was in the bottom of the cupboard in it.
What fun!

I also eat "Non-Irish" (even though I am Irish).
Meaning no "meat and potatoes"!
The awesome bakery several blocks away provides the bread.
I provide the veggies!
My favorite is mayo, cream cheese, avocado and cucumber.
I do experiment with red bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion - whatever is on sale and looks good!Pasta salads with all these vegetables work too...

On a non-healthy note, I am working my way through our last box of Cheese Itz by myself!

Found some chick flicks in the book exchange and am enjoying those.

And today, I got to talk to and see the entire family on skype as they were doing a Father's Day Brunch together!
I tried to get them all in front of the camera at the same time, but then just settled on Jim!You try getting 20 people to stand together for a minute at one of my family gatherings...
Not going to happen!

Oh, I'm going to scrub the floor and heads while he is gone too, but not til I watch the rest of the chick flicks hope I can find a bunch more movies then I can always use that excuse...

No comments: