Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Friday, June 6, 2008

Jim Heads to SoCal

Jim flew to Alta California (in lieu of Baja California) this afternoon, from LAP to LAX!

He will be in Ventura for a few weeks doing a few projects (one of which will be to clean out his truck...), doing a little visiting and shopping of course!

Speaking of shopping...
I had three successful shopping adventures in just the last 24 hours!

One, VELCRO!
An entire roll - 20 meters for 56 pesos!!
Less than $5.50 US.So I can work on some of my sewing projects while he is gone.

Then a visit to the fancy one price "dollar store" called "Waldo's" (we call it "Where's Waldo"), where I found 12 toothbrushes all for the low, low price of 12 pesos!
What a bargain!Then today after John and I took Jim to the airport, John took me to a small bakery up the "Rancho Viejo Street". The bakery is in a family's garage next to their house. They have a wood oven behind the garage where they bake the most wonderful bolillos AND IT'S IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE MARINA!
I'm set!
I can fend for myself while Jim is gone as long as I don't have to drive anywhere.

I will fly up to meet Jim in a week or two, so I too can visit and shop and help decide what goes into the truck.
Then we will drive his truck back down to La Paz, taking a few days on a Baja roadtrip!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I haven't had a chance to catch up on blogs for a few days, but your water bottle reminded me of this site, which is totally hilarious when it comes to mangling the english language:
http://www.engrish.com/
check it out, you know you want to!