Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Couldn't Sleep...

Even though the mullets must have found some other "bottom of the boat smorgasbord", I couldn't fall asleep last night. I kept waiting to hear them bang into the port hull, but they were elsewhere (thanks guys and gals!).
Still couldn't fall asleep though...
So always thinking of traveling, I started counting the States in the USA I had been to and the number of Countries I had been to.
I was wondering if I had been to more States or Countries...
And does it count if I was only in the airport?
What about if I don't remember being there?
Or if I think I was there?
My brother used to tell his younger sisters (me included) things and we would believe him (yes, Gary... remember the "mean monkey"? Or how about "the reason Mount Mayon is smoking is that they make mayonnaise up there"? I still look at the back of mayonnaise jars to see if they were "made in the Philippines")...
And what about an "Unincorporated Organized Territory"?
Where do I put Guam - do I need a third list for Territories?
And I think I was there, because I remember my brother telling me the airport was bigger than the island and how could that be?
I do have a vague memory of looking out the window from inside the airport, but if I was only at the airport and "think" I was there, does that still count?
But since I don't know where to list Guam anyway...
Then I wondered if I list something from my childhood and I really wasn't there and my Mom corrects it, is that going to make me wonder about the rest of my childhood memories?
What about if she tells me I was somewhere and I never knew this until now, does that count?
At this point I started wishing it was the mullets that were keeping me awake...

So before I compile my official list, time for a new poll.

The fish.
The fish was originally in my toilet, but then I flushed him, so he most likely turned in to fish food.
So now he is probably inside another fish.
So the correct original answer was "In my toilet" - congrats to you eleven normal people.
In my limeade? That is disgusting...

Where mayonnaise comes from:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Uncle Gary was mean to you all. Now I have to wonder if he ever did things like that to me...

Margarita Mirasol said...

I couldn't sleep either but when I was sleeping I dreamt that I was rowing my dinghy across the bay.
Those were the days. I'd row forever if I could return to the boat now.
My dinghy was the most towed dinghy in the bay. Somebody once said, 'Your dinghy tows really well'. I didn't know whether to be flattered or what!
It's a porta-bote by the way.

Blue Eyed Mearl said...

I love the mayo volcano story!