Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Garage Bakery

My goal this week is to become 100% self-sufficient (while Jim is gone) without ever having to get into my truck.
I have the vegetable purchasing down.
And now the fresh bread!Conveniently located about 5 blocks away is "The Garage Bakery"!
It's literally in a family's garage.
With no signs or any type of advertising.
You just have to know where to go.
Three fresh "torta" style sandwich breads and one cream filled pastry thing (donut?) for around $1.25 US.
I can live on vegetarian sandwiches no problem.
Now if I can just find a mayonnaise store within walking distance...

No comments: