Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Bravo Mercado

To replenish my avocado, tomato, cucumber and lime supply, I walked up to the Bravo Market today.
The market is about 11 or 12 blocks away with a few of the blocks being uphill.
So in addition to getting my fresh vegetables and fruit, I get exercise.
The market has individual owned stalls with fish, meat, chicken, fruit, vegetables, and my favorite ~ fresh squeezed juice!
Orange juice is supposed to be good for my kidneys, so I usually get one and drink it before I head back to the boat.
The juice is wonderful!


I have only been to the market 3 or 4 times, but I think the juice lady recognizes me ~ there aren't a whole lot of gringos in there shopping...

No comments: