Looking for a Catamaran Cruising Blog?

If you found this blog via a link from a cruising site ~ we did cruise Mexico on our Ocean 49 cat for a season. See the first text box on the right for links to our preparations, trip down Baja, life in Mexico, cruising and trip back up to SoCal. Unfortunately we are back to the grind in the USA...

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday's Walkabout

Today on my "walk about La Paz", I headed towards the Cathedral.
I hadn't walked around that area since we were here on our old boat, "Thistle" eight, nine and ten years ago.I was treated to "sort of a concert" in the town square.
A lady was singing to canned music, but her voice was actually quite good.
Just not sure how she could stand there in the sun in 90 degrees in skin-tight jeans...
What is it with the girls here wearing skin tight jeans anyway - ick.
I can't imagine how sweaty and uncomfortable I would be if I tried that...
Pants in general - ick.

The square and Cathedral here are very pretty - reminds me of the central square in Tepic as this square has pine trees too!











Then I meandered.
Down one street, up the next then down again in a sort of grid pattern.


I found the old movie theater where we saw "Titanic" back in May of 1998.
Doesn't look like they will be showing any flicks soon...Bummer, because it would have been nice to have had a theater within walking distance.
Oh wait, I remember how they had no water that day and there were 200 people wanting to use the restrooms. Nevermind...

More meandering.
I love this portion of the sidewalk on Bravo, even with the hazards of huge steps.I also love the painting on this garage door.
Back to meandering.
Needed limes so headed up to the Bravo Market and spent a whopping 5 pesos.Amazing what you can buy for 50 cents here, and now I have limeade ingredients to last me until I fly out of here on Thursday!

That ended up being close to 4 miles, so I'm good for the day!

5 comments:

Margarita Mirasol said...

La Paz looks lovely. Much better than dusty, grey Guaymas.

Margarita Mirasol said...

I guess all these comments from me mean that I am addicted to your blog.
I have very few blogs I visit daily[5] because most of them bore me stiff.
But I love yours!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Uh oh. We already had those stalkers on the Charter Cat following us around, now we have you...
No worries - I keep trying to find interesting blogs to read as well, and have only found a few, your's included (as wacked as you are - wacked in a good way that is).
Now if I can just find some interesting stuff to post while I do nothing til I fly to California this week...
PS Parts of La Paz are beautiful - the Malecon, but it has it's dirty, dusty areas too - it is Mexico after all!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

PPS Overboard,
If you want to see more sailing & boats - look at some of the 2007 posts. We did lots of California Island sailing & some Mexico sailing. Some fun stuff in Costa Rica too.

Margarita Mirasol said...

Thanks.
Will do.